HP SUM 7.5.1 with VMware ESXi 6.0 U2

Abdullah

Knowledge is limitless.

15 Responses

1. Lee Drake says:

Thanks for this. I was beating my head against the wall. Do you have a pointer to how to install the Offline bundle because the installation instructions in their tech note are as usual completely obtuse. Why does HP make everything so bleeding difficult?

2. Lee Drake says:

Hey! Crazy thing! I was trying to use the HP SUM 7.5.1 disk to update the ILO firmware on that same box, and it also failed – when it went to retrieve the .bin file for updating (according to the log). On a hunch I checked and the windows firewall was on on the server running SUM from. When I turned off the firewall the SUM worked to update ILO, AND it worked for running the update for VMWare. Now if only I could not be paranoid about the fact that the one component it couldn’t update are the HP SCSI disk drivers…. :( Hope this helps.

3. Davy says:

I’m trying the exact same thing but HP sum fails at VMware node inventory failed while reading NIC information. Please check your network connectivity and HP WBEM Provider status in the VMware node. I’m running HP SUM on the vCenter server so network connectivity towards ESXi hosts is already ok.

Should any services (CIM, shell, ssh) or other also be started. I practically tried starting everything.

All nodes are installed with VMware-ESXi-6.0.0-Update2-3620759-HPE-600.9.5.0.48-Apr2016

Any ideas?

4. Emanuele says:

Hi i have the same exact issue, do anyone have found a fix?

Thanks a lot

5. Toni says:

Latest November 2016 esx-base critical updates breaks HP SUM compatibility and you get a pretty “VMware node inventory failed while reading NIC information.” when triyng to inventory Host.

I hope HP releases soon a HP SUM update to adress this issue. Currently HP SUM release is 7.6.0 released on October 2016

6. Achim says:

I’ve got the exact same problem, too. HP SUM 7.6.0 and VMware ESXi 6.0.0 build-4600944 can’t inventory. It shows this error:
    VMware node inventory failed while reading NIC information.
    Retry after checking the above.

7. minusnine says:

I have the exact same issue. HP SUM 7.6.0 (as supplied with 871790_001_spp-2016.10.0-SPP2016100.2016_1015.191.ISO)

Hosts running HPE-ESXi- Update2 (updated to 4600944)

Inventory Error
    VMware node inventory failed while reading NIC information.
    Retry after checking the above.

Anynone had any success?

8. Toni says:

Seems last ESXi 6.0 U3 patches fixes the issue. Tested and it works for me now.

9. JohnMack says:

Anybody know exactly what the fix is? I have the same.

I have a lot of hosts to do and was hoping to update firmware and then VUM update so only one reboot required!! :(

That plan is gone out the window now!!!